September 06, 2008

A place for ideas

I bought myself a treat today, a beautiful note book to treasure.
The perfect place to store my ideas & sketches. Whenever i open its cover to start scribbling, i see the words below & they make me smile - for my soul has indeed filled with a rainbow of colours, every one a lesson learnt.
Designed by the talented & brave, late artist Laurel Burch. You can follow the link below to read Laurel's inspiring story. The cover shows "Spirit of womankind" so vibrant, like jewels lying here on my desk.

Propped up in the corner of the studio is my easel, for the moment home to some things i started a long, long time ago.
The picture at the front is a rough for a painting depicting motherhood
i can hardly wait to start on it again.


www.laurelburch.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my wee corner of blog land, I love to hear from you all and will visit as soon as I can.