Pages

▼

July 18, 2011

folklore feature, film & museum

 Vogue has done a spot in its July issue on
British folklore,
with quirky photography by Tim Walker
using real folksies for the shoot
read more here . . .
(image by Tim Walker) 
A wonderful film due for release next year
the first of a series 
filmed just around the corner
in Whithorn is bringing
Scottish folklore to the big screen.
Cast members include
Margaret Bennet, regarded as Scotlands best folklorist,
&  Sheila Stewart, acclaimed storyteller and ballad singer. 
(Image from the Ruadhan the Bard site) 
and for another taste of the same
visit the ever growing
setup by set & costume designer
A fascinating & much needed project.

4 comments:

  1. Vogue isn't the first place I'd have thought of looking for a spread about British folklore! I like the idea of a Museum on the subject - hope the project comes to fruition, it would be a fascinating place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowan, i agree, it just goes to show, folkore is making waves. The museum would be a must for me to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like a film I would enjoy seeing. Thanks for sharing it Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my wee corner of blog land, I love to hear from you all and will visit as soon as I can.