April 03, 2014

Spring and new things are sprouting . . .

"Sweet April showers do spring May flowers." ~ Thomas Tusser
 I love the sound of April rain pattering on my umbrella!
I know, it's April already, how did that happen?
 
All these different weather happenings reminded me of a wee poem from my childhood

Whether the weather be fine, Whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather, Whatever the whether,
Whether we like it or not
~Author Unknown

I'm also loving my woodland walks & feeling Mother Nature really stirring now
everything is sprouting and i am endlessly fascinated by all the different greens,
they are inspiring ideas for a Spring painting too.

 We have a wonderful daffodil lane by the cottage, a row of brightest sunshine
and even on the cloudiest day, it always makes me happy.
 And of course I had been keeping my eye on the wild garlic, and soon had some picked. We used some of the young leaves to add lovely flavour to a salad & I'm going to make pesto too.  Here is a link to an easy recipe for ~ Wild Garlic Pesto
Things are sprouting and growing and Spring is most definitely here at last.

I have been sprouting things too,  exciting new ideas here in my studio!
They are not quite ready to share yet, but I can give you a hint  . . . 
I am putting together a whole series of "creative play" workshops!
Do you have any thoughts on what you would love to "play" with creatively?

9 comments:

  1. I remember that poem from childhood too!

    Wonderful to see a bit of Spring growth now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just, yay Spring is springing ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the little poem. Not one that I know... made me smile. Great to see all the new growth.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was my Grandad that taught me that one Jacqui, he always was one for funny little songs etc, used to make us laugh.

      Delete
  3. There's a blast from the past :) I haven't heard that poem since I was a child and had quite forgotten it!
    Must try the wild garlic pesto, it grows in the woods just on the other side of my garden fence (smells fabulous).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get a wonderful blast of the smell of the garlic everytime we drive up the lane.

      Delete
  4. Lovely spring collages and pictures Ruthie. I remember the poem being among a series of tongue twisters we used to try out as children. I never ever mastered "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"
    It's spring over this end of the county too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh Jim, I never tried that one before!

      Delete
  5. one idea of game ? recycling many things for exemple ?
    good spring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my wee corner of blog land, I love to hear from you all and will visit as soon as I can.