Do you rush into your day headlong?
|Setting a Morning routine to ease gently into the day|
Oh my, I used to do just that, my mornings would be such a jumble & a rush
1. Diving straight into the studio deal with my e-mails
2. Going off on tangents, being distracted by a piece of work or research
3. Forgetting to drink my morning coffee
4. Rushing about feeling stressed and out of sorts
5. Surfacing several hours later having not done half of the things I had meant to!
So I decided no more, "what would I really like my morning to feel like?"
Relaxed, waking up to the day slowly, taking time to ease into my day.
So I set about making it happen, and now I start my day with a lovely studio morning routine
I make sure I take an hour out of my morning to
1. Put on some calming, music from my You-Tube channel
2. Light one of my homemade candles
3. Drink my coffee from one of my fave little mugs I have collected
4. Light one of my favourite incense sticks a "Nag Champa"
5. Spend just half an hour with my sketchbook doodling or writing in my journal.
What a difference! By making just a little gentle "me" time in the morning,
it allows me to settle into the day, find my feet and relax.
My whole day takes on a different feel and I'm ready to go.
Do you have a morning routine that eases you into your day, I'd love to know what others do!